Claims Negotiator - Subrogation Portal
3 days left
- Full Time
Hastings Direct - Claims Negotiator - Subrogation Portal
We have a fantastic new opportunity for Claims Negotiators within our Subrogation Portal team, as part of our Technical Claims department. This role would suit individuals from a contact centre or financial services background, or Claims Handlers looking to develop their career in a fast paced, dynamic business in the heart of the City Centre.
As a Claims Negotiator, your role will be to assist and support our customers when they need us most by proactively managing a portfolio of cases, investigating liability and third party present quantum claims as well as agreeing fair outcomes within policy and legal liability.
Your remit will include the following;
- Gathering of information to enable early arrival at the correct liability decision giving consideration to economic settlement, pro-actively securing appropriate recoveries to limit business exposure
- Settle Third Party Claims within financial handling authority to achieve the optimum claims settlement using department and best practice strategies, whilst at all times giving appropriate consideration to avoidance of unjustified litigation and unnecessary spend
- Identify potential fraudulent cases and liaise with the relevant departments to combat fraud
- Negotiating between the policyholder, solicitors and third parties to ensure the best outcome for our customers
- Manage and own the customer experience (including Third Party), ensuring adherence at all times to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly, internal processes and procedures
- Manage and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure Service Level Agreements, internal and external policies and governance are adhered to
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
- Contact centre or financial services background advantageous
- Experience within a fast paced customer driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Confident and able to use own initiative
- Team player
Benefits For You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application -
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits (e.g. buy or sell additional holiday)
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.