Credit Hire Negotiator - Bexhill
Hastings Direct - Credit Hire Negotiator
We have a fantastic new opportunity within our Technical Claims department for a Credit Hire Negotiator. This would suit someone with a great work ethic looking to kick start their career in Technical Claims or expand their existing skill set.
The Credit Hire Team is responsible for managing hire spend across the Third Party Claims department. The ideal individual will proactively manage the customer claims journey and minimise the Claims departments' exposure to incoming Third Party Credit Hire and repair claims.
Your remit will include the following;
- Managing credit hire and repair claims with a value up to £10k
- Manage a portfolio of newly reported fault claims and manage these in line with the expectations of the business
- Inbound and outbound calls from third parties, customers, garages and other suppliers
- Responsible for managing and controlling hire spends through robust negotiation, investigation and provision of services
- Managing a workload of hire/repair claims to include hire management activities and challenging third parties need for vehicle
- Responsible for indemnity and liability decision making
- Maintaining accurate reserves
- Protect the company against third party hire claims using interviews and evidence
- Meeting monthly targets and reducing hire spend across claims
- Negotiating with third parties in line with the departments terms of engagement and challenge the validity of inbound invoices
- Protect our customers from litigation by making commercially sound decisions
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
- Experience in a contact centre/sales background is advantageous
- Good IT skills (Microsoft package desirable)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Great attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent work ethic
Benefits For You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application -
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits (e.g. buy or sell additional holiday)
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.