Job Title - Decisions Officer - Licence Reviewer
Location - Canary Wharf E14
Hours - Full time and fixed term contract (6 months)
Salary - £24,350 Per Annum
Reports to - Decisions Manager
Are you a friendly, confident and outgoing person? Used to dealing with targets or case work? Able to establish and maintain strong, positive working relationships via phone and email.
We are looking for a number of people have an amazing opportunity currently working with a very well known company, your be in charge of issuing and rejecting licences preforming background checks whilst adhering to company's procedures.
This will involve calling the providers of character references and robustly testing their personal knowledge of the applicant / licence holder during the relevant period, maintaining a courteous and professional manner.
To assess fraudulent documents submitted in support of an application and take appropriate action including referral to external agencies.
To work closely with other departments and training providers in order to ensure appropriate action is taken against applicants/licence holders where we have corroborated evidence training was received by fraudulent means.
As a Decisions Officer you will be responsible for...
- All customers of the client, including but not limited to; Directors and / or Controlling Minds of Security Organisations, Individual Licence Applicants and Enforcement Partners.
- To achieve team and individual performance targets through the delivery of performance and key performance indicators.
- Make judgements on when case referrals to Partnership and Interventions or Formal Investigation may be appropriate. Ensure all documentation is correctly logged and information held is accurate, taking remedial action if incorrect.
- Correctly apply clients licensing criteria on a case by case basis in making licensing decisions, including analysis of documents and investigations in relation to complex cases and anomalies.
- Ensure procedures and practices comply with the Private Security Industry Act 2001, Clients Policies, the Data Protection Act, the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, Criminal Procedure and Investigatory Powers Act, the Freedom of Information Act, the Human Rights Act and all relevant legislation.
Skills and experience needed
- Able to persuade and influence people to take the necessary action applying appropriate questioning techniques when required.
- Experience in managing caseloads and adhering to tight deadlines involving the exercising of judgement.
- An uncompromising approach to customer service.
- Excellent customer service & communication skills and to deal with a wide range of people in a professional manner.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of staff, including the production of materials
- Able to understand and interpret legislation and then apply this to every day compliance activity
This role would suit someone with a HR, legal or recruitment background.
- An understanding of, or experience in, a regulatory body or public sector processes.
Subject to CTC Security Standard
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Licensing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly