3 days left
- Full Time
Our Underwriting department is currently looking for bright and ambitious individuals who want to kick off a rewarding career in analytics. This role would be of interest to analytically minded, highly numerate and data driven individuals either looking to explore a new career path, or, perhaps as a graduate, seeking their very first step on the career ladder.
You will be dealing with large datasets and cutting edge analytical techniques with an aim to conduct risk analysis and generate proposals for targeted changes to product, price and underwriting criteria. You will be working in a highly commercial environment where your work and ideas will have a direct impact on the day-to-day performance of the business.
With a supportive team around you, this could be a fantastic development opportunity for the right candidate, and, the beginning of a career within a department known for its internal development success stories.
Your remit will include the following
- Query internal databases and use external data sources to generate analytical datasets
- Using innovative tools & techniques, conduct segmented analysis to find trends in the data that identifies areas of mispricing or adverse performance
- Apply underwriting judgement and real-world experience to uncover intricate relationships in the data that explain risk behaviour
- Collate your findings and propose recommendations to senior stakeholders to improve business performance
- Collaborate on high profile projects that require rapid pace and lateral thinking
- Contribute to ongoing R&D activity that keep us one step ahead of the market
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have fun along the way.
- Strong academic background with 2:1 (or Masters/PhD) degree in STEM/Business/Economics
- Interest in analytics or modelling and passion for innovation
- Desire to take ownership of your workload and deal with emerging challenges effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, reliability, accuracy and working with competing deadlines
- Good communication skills and ability to influence others
- Highly numerate and IT literate, able to learn new software and techniques quickly
- Experience in modelling, usage of statistical packages (e.g. R/Stata/SAS), programming skills and industry or actuarial knowledge
- Experience working within a pricing function
- Experience delivering commercial targets
As a growing department, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- Flexible working opportunities
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Initial training & support for further development to grow your capabilities
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and solid performance
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.