Business Administrator Apprentice - £175 pw - Crawley
- Contract Type
We are seeking to appoint, as soon as possible, a motivated individual to join an established team providing high level, professional, administrative support and to support members of the leadership team, to enable them to operate effectively in their roles and to contribute to this rewarding and dynamic educational environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of key aspects of academy administrative work. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented applicant who is keen to learn and has a flexible approach. We are looking for the candidate to have strong communication skills, be a team player with the ability to multitask within an extremely busy office environment.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Providing clerical, secretarial and administrative support to the leadership team
- Accessing and maintaining academy records via software SIMS producing reports and returns as required
- Assisting in arranging educational trips and visits
- Helping to manage School to Home communication systems and updating websites
- To produce, create and edit a wide range of documents and information
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the school, 'front of house';
- Dealing with a variety of enquiries face to face, over the telephone and via email
- Other duties commensurate with the post
The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator, possess strong ICT skills and be highly motivated, with the confidence to easily form strong relationships with the academy leadership team, staff and external contacts.
Training to be Provided:
Throughout this apprenticeship Standard candidates will learn:
• Skilled in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to: write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes, record and analyse data.
• Making recommendations for improvements and present solutions to management.
• Maintaining records and files, handles confidential information in compliance with the organisation's procedures.
• Demonstrating ability to influence and challenge appropriately.
Candidates will be assessed within the workplace by their employer and assessor/trainer and will be supported through monthly reviews, observations of workplace competency to build a portfolio of evidence
Computer literate, good telephone manner, well organised, confident at greeting guests and multi-tasking.
Grade C or 4 or above in English and Maths GCSE required
Friendly, approachable, reliable, keen to learn, flexible
Progression onto a higher level on successful completion
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Discounted membership to K2 Leisure Centre
On local bus route
In house canteen
Free tea and Coffee
Employment will be subject to DBS check, 2 x references and a medical check.