Employment & Skills Officer
We are seeking an enthusiastic Employment and Skills Officer to join the Economic Development and Regeneration Team to co-ordinate and lead the delivery of the Council’s Employment and Skills Plan. The role will involve designing and delivering projects, building effective partnerships and unlocking external funding to drive forward the delivery of the Plan’s “flagship” themes, helping Crawley residents to access higher skills and better jobs and enable Crawley businesses to overcome skills gaps and fill vacant posts.
Applicants should have previous experience in designing projects and unlocking resources to enable their delivery, a proven track record of building successful inter-organisational relationships and managing projects. Ideally you will have knowledge of available Employment and Skills-related funding streams and previous experience working with elected members, senior officers, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) or other public/private partnerships, however applicants with relevant experience will also be considered.
You will be expected to manage a varied caseload which will include:
- Ensure the successful delivery of the Crawley Employment & Skills Plan, working closely with the Economic Development & Regeneration team, HR, Heads of Service and Group Managers and externally with key partner organisations.
- Represent Crawley Borough Council as the lead officer for employment and skills with partner organisations, sub-regional partnerships including the Gatwick Diamond, West Sussex County Council, Coast to Capital LEP and government bodies; building effective partnership working and engagement.
- Take an active leadership role in leveraging significant funding resources and lead and oversee the design and delivery of the Plan’s themed flagship projects.
You will have the ability to work under pressure and demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering quality services. You must also be able to fully use the Council’s ICT facilities including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. You will need to be self-motivated with a flexible and positive approach to work which may require occasional out of normal office hours work, attending evening meetings as required.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to join a busy and friendly team with flexible working and an attractive pension scheme.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please contact Lise Sorensen, Economic Development Officer on 01293 438519 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1 April 2019
Proposed interview date: 9 April 2019
More searches like this
- Arts & Heritage Human Resources Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Events Human Resources Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Business Human Resources Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Education Human Resources Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Research & Development Human Resources Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley