Assistant Centre Manager - Basepoint
- Full Time
The Assistant Centre Manager will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Centre Manager in the smooth operation of his/her centre, whilst also maintaining an efficient, helpful administrative base from which Licensees can operate their businesses.
Assisting with Centre Management:
- Provide an effective support service to the Centre Manager in all day to day activities
- Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with Licensees, Customers, Teams, Clients, Partners and Suppliers.
- Ensure that all potential new Licensees and Customers are greeted in a professional manner and receive a positive first impression of Basepoint
- Support the Centre Manager in creating an environment which promotes good quality Licensee and Customer care
- In the absence of the Centre Manager, accompany prospects on inspection visits.
- Assist the Centre Manager in ensuring that all Licensees, Customers and Clients receive a timely, comprehensive and continuing orientation of services and procedures.
- Assist the Centre Manager with the finalisation of License Agreements, inventories and questionnaires and other documentation as requested, ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner both at commencement of occupancy and on departure, with approval from the Centre Manager and/or Regional Manager.
- Adhere to and implement all policies and procedures, following a best practice approach.
- Ensure that all Licensees and Customers are aware of the relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all vacant units are in a ready to show/occupancy condition at all times.
- Assist in ensuring security monitoring systems are fully operational including security guards and security systems and awareness of emergency procedures established for each Centre and for situations such as fire, bomb alert, security etc.
- Assist in ensuring that excellent service is provided to Licensees, Customers and Clients and to achieve or exceed budgeted objectives.
- Assist in ensuring proper repairs and maintenance of the building, monitoring progress and ensure work is carried out as per the planned property maintenance schedule organised by the Facilities Manager.
- Support in the achievement of lettings, including follow up, and closely monitoring all current prospects.
- Assist in the implementation of marketing programmes and activities as directed by the Centre Manager.
- Implementing and assisting in all other corporate policies as reasonable requested or required.
- Ensure the timely and appropriate management of all Licensee, Customer and Client issues and/or complaints, escalating and seeking support from the Centre Manager as required.
- Work with the Centre Manager to arrange and organise, as directed, any PR and marketing activity for the Centre.
- Ensure awareness and understanding, and assist with the achievement of the Centre financial goals and objectives
- Assist in ensuring that all invoice monies are collected and banked in accordance with Company policy and advising the Centre Manager where a problem may arise.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of rental invoices
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of banking and assist in the control of petty cash and accompanying transactions.
- Minimise controllable expenses whilst recognising marketing and occupancy targets.
Reception and Administration:
- Receiving visitors to the Centre in a friendly and professional manner
- Answering telephones and directing calls appropriately
- Taking accurate messages and ensuring they are forwarded to the intended recipient
- Complete all copying and faxing requirements
- Typing of documentation as required
- Ordering of stationery
- Management of meeting room bookings
- Undertaking basic patching and programming for telecommunications where appropriate
Self and Team Management:
- Assist in ensuring quality control of all services and ongoing customer service attitude of all Centre support staff.
- Ensure your own development through striving to improve skill levels.
- Provide support and cover as required and appropriate to any of the Centre roles.
- Provide cover for the Centre Manager during periods of annual leave and unplanned absence.
- Person Specification
Key Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience of working in a similar complex customer service and customer facing environment
- Experience of providing an efficient and effective administration support service
- Customer service focused with the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Experience of problem solving with appropriate support
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate information clearly and appropriately at all levels
- Understanding of basic finance functions including banking and petty cash
- Ability to understand complex contractual agreements
- Strong IT skills, specifically in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
This job description is intended to reflect, in outline, the responsibilities of the post-holder which may change over time in line with the Corporate and local business needs of Basepoint. It will therefore be subject to periodic review.