Category Manager - Thales
- Full Time
Thales UK Procurement function has 39 categories across five business units. A superb opportunity to join our Category Management Transformation team has arisen within the function. The Category Manager may support one procurement category or several procurement categories depending on the size of the Category.
The Category Manager will be responsible for supplier relationship management and continuous improvement of suppliers within their category (with the support of Supplier Performance Management Team if needed) and the management of suppliers performance including, but not limited to, quality, cost, delivery, contractual performance and innovation.
We are looking for the individual to be accountable for ensuring the most up-to-date knowledge of their supplier market, including new innovations and key emerging technologies relevant to their category. You will be responsible for end to end performance of the acquisition process via the management of the RFI &/or RFP's.
You will be expected to lead major / business critical supplier selection exercises to support business needs. As well as the deployment, implementation and monitoring of agreed category strategies.
An essential element of his role is to ensure that the suppliers provide the competitiveness required to support the business and to introduce optimal supply base changes to support business winning capability.
Skills and Experience
- Strong involvement in defining/updating the strategy with the Global Category Manager
- Strong implementation of the strategy on an operational basis.
- Has ability to performance manage suppliers to above target performance and working knowledge of supplier development techniques?
- Strong contractual knowledge especially of framework agreements, Liability & insurance.
- Ability to lead complex negotiation including import / export considerations
- Understanding of the market for the category under his control but also ability to understand the customer’s stakes, needs and program issues
- Mastering economic models for the category so that increased value can be added to Thales and the supply base.
- Proven ability to challenge and develop innovative supply chain / procurement analysis (CCO, should cost) that adds value to the business and end customers.
We are looking for procurement professional who is passionate about Category management and can deliver the transformation we are implementing. To find out more click on the link below.