Travel Sales Assistant, Gatwick - Metrobus
- Full Time
A vacancy has arisen at our Gatwick Travel Desk for a Travel Sales Assistant working the equivalent of 37½ hours per week. This includes a variety of shifts covering weekends and public holidays on a rota basis. The role, working in a very busy environment, will be dealing with customer enquiries & ticket sales for our own products & services and rail products. The post includes a package of additional benefits to include uniform and free travel.
- Dealing with a varied clientele you would be selling a wide variety of products including all types of rail tickets, local bus tickets, day excursions and the issuing and loading of our Smart card, the key
- Accurate use of computerised cash register system
- Responsible for cash and tickets
- Maintain accurate sales records and accounts on a daily basis.
- Ensure that outstanding customer service is provided at all times especially when under pressure
- To work as part of a highly motivated team
- Able to work in a neat and organised manner especially during busy periods
Skills and experience required
- Good communication skills are essential
- Smart appearance and professional manner is essential
- The ability to work under pressure as part of a highly motivated team
- Face-to-face customer service background essential
- Basic computer skills
- Basic maths and English skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to take ownership and problem solve
- Knowledge of the local area an advantage
- Languages desirable
If you would like to apply, please submit a covering letter outlining your suitability for this post along with your CV to Judi Smith (Recruitment & Training Manager – Customer Services), 43 Conway Street, Hove, BN3 3LT or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Close of business on Friday 2nd February 2019
Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Ltd is an equal opportunities employer