Media Manager - B&CE
- Full Time
Are you looking for an opportunity to offer your expert media experience in a fast-paced and growing organisation? Our in-house press office team are on the lookout for a Media Manager who is proactive and demonstrates good news judgement with the proven ability to lead a team! This is a fantastic time to join B&CE – Employer of the Year at the Sussex Business Awards 2018! B&CE is a not-for-profit organisation, founded in the construction industry in 1942. Since 2011, we have provided The People’s Pension, a leading master trust in the UK, which provides workplace pensions to more than 4 million people from more than 80,000 employers across all sectors. We are moving into occupational health, developing an online tool to help improve workers health across the construction industry.
Working in our expanding Policy and External Affairs team, your role will line manage our Press Officer whilst building a fast-paced, reactive media team, working across pensions and occupational health, and growing our presence across trade, national and regional print and broadcast media. You will actively manage B&CE’s media relations, drive forward our media strategy, produce effective key messaging and identify suitable media opportunities.
- To build and manage an in house press office that’s manned 24/7
- Developing and implementation of B&CE’s media strategy
- Building strong working relationships with newspapers, trade magazines, broadcast and online media channels
- Supervising the production of key media materials to include press releases and articles
- Collaborating with internal teams and senior stakeholders across the business
- Monitoring all media performance and reporting
- Line managing and developing team members
If you’re right for this role?
- To have a strong background in media relations at degree level or equivalent experience (Journalism background desirable)
- Ability to build and grow relevant media contacts in a fast-paced environment
- Able to develop a detailed understanding of B&CE’s business activity
- To be highly creative, self-motivated with excellent communication skills to build working relationships
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong management and organisational skills
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer, and a subsidised onsite restaurant. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career via our website.
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We’re committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally
Apply for Media Manager - B&CE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly