Risk Specialist - B&CE
- Full Time
Are you an expert in risk management with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships and able to challenge the business? Can you work independently to solve complex problems? Here at B&CE we are looking for a permanent Risk Specialist to support our major change programmes and to find out more read on…
B&CE is a not-for-profit organisation, founded in the construction industry in 1942. Since 2011, we have provided The People’s Pension, a leading master trust in the UK, which provides workplace pensions to more than 4 million people from more than 80,000 employers across all sectors. We are moving into occupational health, developing an online tool to help improve workers health across the construction industry.
- Continued improvement of the design and operation of the project and programme risk management framework.
- Providing critical challenge to our major change programmes closely monitoring and reviewing the risk profile and mitigating actions.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders and to promote and improve risk management value.
- Facilitate risk workshops to identify, assess risks and opportunities and follow up on risk action.
- Provide support and training on risk management to project managers and other key stakeholders .
- Representing the risk function attending and actively participating in key meetings.
If you’re right for this role?
- To have worked in a risk, internal audit, assurance or project role ideally within financial services or a similar environment.
- A good understanding of programme management approach and control techniques.
- Ability to build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders in a business.
- Can challenge technical experts, influence and handle conflicting priorities.
- Experience of conducting detailed risk assessments.
- A Level education or equivalent.
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer, and a subsidised onsite restaurant. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career via our website.
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We’re committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally