Electrical Controls Engineer - KC Controls
- Full Time
KC Service is a division of KC Controls which has been in operation for over 30 years and are one of the largest process control distributors in the UK partnering ABB measurement division, Parker Hannifin, Sigrist and other world leading manufacturers. Employing over 20 staff and with a turnover of over £5million we represent a significant route to market for many technical products into all types of industries including Oil & Gas, water, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical etc.
KC Controls Service LLP is seen as the high growth company in the group and has project including designing and building industrial electrical control panels, PLC control systems and remote monitoring systems including follow up maintenance and repairs.
As a progressive company your input will be valued both in terms of innovations and improvements to processes and systems plus your technical knowledge to solve application challenges.
We are a technical solutions company. As such you will need to work as a team to provide technically and commercially viable systems from a simple control panel to a more complex SCADA system.
This is both an office and site based role that will require you to talk directly to customers and other members of staff on a day to day basis. The role included an element of PC based work using CAD as well as being involved in the preparation of technical quotations. The work will involve building and wiring control panels which require a certain level of dexterity and attention to detail; electrical / mechanical site installation; commissioning of instruments; and maintenance work.
We offer good training from online, industry leading training courses and visits to our principle manufacturers’ factories based around Europe. This put together with our in house training systems and continuous improvement program we strive to better your technical and soft skills on an ongoing basis.
As your skills increase you will be given more responsibility to manage projects and train other people in the organisation.
The role has a competitive salary £20 - £28K depending on experience plus other benefits such as:
- 25 days holiday
- 6% pension (2% personal contribution)
- 4 x death in service benefit
- Free parking
- Cash healthcare plan
- Bonus based on company success and CPD plan
Electrical Controls Engineer
- Building electrical control panels from layout drawings and wiring diagrams (including electrical and controls) in accordance with current wiring legislation.
- Using Computer Aided Design package (Solidworks) to prepare control panel layout and wiring requirements from hand drawn designs.
- Assist with the preparation of technical quotations.
- Assist with office administration duties such as order processing etc.
- On-site commissioning, calibration and maintenance of KC Service maintained plants.
- On-site installation of electrical / mechanical process systems.
If you have an interest in electrical engineering and have excellent communication skills please apply. The role would suit a HNC / BTEC / A level …………….
**No Recruitment Companies Please **
Apply for Electrical Controls Engineer - KC Controls
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly