About Southern Water
Each day, over four million people across Sussex, Kent, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight count on us for their essential water or wastewater services. Our work is vital, because we’re providing water for life.
Right now, we’re on an exciting journey – we’re undergoing a transformation that touches every part of our business. We’re making changes to our people, processes and systems to better serve our customers and deliver a resilient water future for the South East. You can be a part of that change.
Do you bring sector experience or a fresh perspective? To help us transform, we’ve appointed people from the water industry and beyond – including retail, energy and telecoms. Whether your background is in utilities or elsewhere, we’re keen to draw on different experiences, knowledge and skills to help us better serve our customers.
Do you strive to do your best and bring out the best in others? Three values are at the heart of our transformation and underpin everything we do: succeeding together, doing the right thing and always improving. If you’re a natural collaborator with a strong moral compass and high standards, you’ll fit right in.
Do you want to make a difference? As well as playing a leading role in maintaining our essential services for customers, you’ll contribute towards the important outcomes of our transformation. These include: improving our environmental performance, rebuilding trust and improving our relationships with our regulators.
Do you believe everyone should be accepted for who they are? We do too. That’s why we’re building an inclusive culture and are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of age, cultural background, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, political belief, race, religion or sexual orientation. We believe the unique perspectives and experiences each of us brings make us stronger.
Take a look at just some of our Company Benefits:
- Holiday - You’re entitled to 25 paid days off a year, plus eight Bank Holidays. If you’re part time you’ll receive the same on a pro rata basis.
- Bonus - We offer a discretionary bonus to everyone. We need to meet our company annual targets and therefore the amount you receive depends on how you and the business perform over the year.
- The percentage of bonus eligibility is based on role level and will be included in your offer letter
- Pension – Defined Contribution Scheme - The plan helps you save for retirement by making monthly, tax-free contributions through your pay. The company will pay in an additional amount, up to 11% of your pensionable pay, depending on the level you wish to contribute.
- Life Assurance - All employees are automatically covered for a two times salary death in service lump sum, except for final salary scheme members, whose benefit is defined in their rules
- Health Cash Plan - Your health and wellbeing are really important to us. We’ll pay for you (and up to four children) to join the Health Cash Plan currently provided by Bupa, which gives you money back for your everyday health costs, from dental check-ups and prescriptions to the cost of glasses or treatments. Optionally you can pay to upgrade your plan, adding a partner or increasing your level of cover,
- Wellbeing - We’re here to support your wellbeing at work and at home. If you use a screen at work, you’ll get a free eye test voucher, and every year we’ll offer you a free flu jab (usually in November). We run a full calendar of wellbeing events throughout the year, and you also have access to the following services:
- Employee Assistance Programme - The Employee Assistance Programme gives you quick confidential access to guidance and advice on a range of subjects, including debt, care for children and the elderly, work-related concerns, or personal, domestic, emotional or health issues, plus lots more. The programme is currently provided by BUPA, an independent organisation which treats all enquiries with the strictest confidence.
- Occupational health service - Our occupational health service is here to help all of us prevent illness and days off sick. As well as sharing useful information about work-related health, the service also helps ensure we follow health and safety guidelines.
- Sports and social clubs – We have a number of social clubs that organise events and trips and other company wide or local activities
- Tax free bike scheme - Through cyclesolutions.co.uk we’re part of the government’s tax-free bike scheme, which gives you the opportunity to obtain a bike with regular deductions from your salary.
- Childcare vouchers Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support from either the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme (TFC) or the SW Employer Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Lifestyle vouchers - Save money when you spend – Perkbox is an online platform designed to give access to hundreds of perks and discounts on a huge range of high street products and services, including food, travel, cinema tickets, attractions, beauty, wellbeing, fashion, home and motoring.
- Charity and volunteering There are loads of ways to get involved with the charities and community projects we support across our region. Our community volunteer programme means you can use two of your working days each year to support a worthwhile scheme or project. With give as you earn, you can donate directly from your pay to the charity of your choice, tax-free. Our company charities are nominated and voted for by you each year, and you’ll have various opportunities to support them during working hours. We also have a long relationship with the national charity WaterAid, which aims to introduce life-saving water and sanitation systems around the world.
8 jobs with Southern Water
Job Title: Billing and Collections Analyst Location: Durrington, West Sussex / Flexible working Perm/FTC : Permanent Hours: 37 Hours a week Salary:...
An opportunity has become available to join the Water Resources and Production team which is based in Hardham.
Southern Water are hiring for Customer Experience Associates. There are currently 4 available positions.
Southern Water are hiring for a Customer Experience Team Leader.
Southern Water are currently looking to hire an assistant adoption manager on a permanent basis.
Southern Water are excited to be recruiting Tankering Technicians to help build a brand new team at our Falmer depot.
Southern Water are recruiting for a Tankering Team leader to join our newly established team in Falmer.
Southern Water has an exciting development opportunity to join our Wholesale Water Performance team as a Process Scientist