The Grand Brighton
About The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton is an iconic Victorian property that is steeped in British history and stands centre stage on Brighton’s famous seafront. From the stunning sweeping spiral staircase and traditional period design, to the beautiful sea view rooms, a sumptuous day spa and the glamour of GB1 seafood restaurant, the Grand experience is treating yourself to the best.
Exceptional people deserve to be part of an exceptional experience.
A GRAND culture underpins our success…
Our way of life at The Grand makes certain an inclusive environment where individuals are understood, respected and diversity is embraced.
Our team’s individual personalities enrich the Grand experience!
We believe every team member’s voice matters and we encourage and trust honest opinion.
A forward-thinking team who never stands still ensure the success of a progressive business.
We understand our team have different roles, different experiences and different personalities; together we can do exceptional things.
We believe in giving you the rewards you deserve. We think we’ve ticked all the boxes…..
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Complimentary gym facilities
- Meals on duty
- Grand Recognition Scheme (with rewards including free cinema tickets/annual pass, theme park passes, wine and champagne, Afternoon Tea, GB1 Dinner and Spa Experiences and much more!)
- Discounted use of hotel facilities including Restaurant, Lounge and Spa
- Entry into a draw to win a 2 nights mini break to Europe and beyond...
- Departmental and whole hotel team building and social events
- Hotel Recognition Programme - £100 per month Hotel Hero Awards
- Grand Hotel Awards
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Programme
- Perks and Discounts App – including e vouchers, free and flash perks with Perkbox
- Staff rates and discounted accommodation at selected Hotels in UK. Staff rate £35.00 and Friends & Family £79.00 bed & breakfast
- Paid days off to volunteer
- Work place pension
- Life Assurance for all staff contributing to a Pension
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes – gym membership, IT, Childcare, Nursery, Holiday Buy and Sell Facility, Car Parking
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling – Legal – Health - Wellbeing
- Apprenticeships and on property training
- A personal development plan to match your career aspirations
Learning & Development
We offer exceptional learning opportunities where you are able to design your personal career path according to your aspirations and future goals. We encourage personal and professional growth andbelieve in nurturing everyone’s ability.
Let’s ignite your interest. Opportunities to grow include:
- Management Academy, including Commercial Strategy Awareness, Building Resilience, Performance Management, Business Ethics delivered by a range of sources; our leadership team, internal and external consultants
- A Mentoring Programme with a senior leader within the business, focusing on professional and personal breakthrough goals to help shape your career
- Supervisory Development Programme, covering team management skills, commercial and financial awareness, presentation skills, time management, coaching, influencing and leadership skills
- Food & Beverage Academy, a 9 month programme covering a series of practical “see, taste, do” workshops including: Land and Sea Supplier Visits - ranging from local farms, orchards, bakeries and coffee houses, to local breweries, vineyards and distilleries. Classic Food, Mixology and Wine/Spirit Qualifications. Exhibitions Visits and Activities. Practical and competitive challenges. Business driven Food and Beverage project
- Exceptional Hospitality Programme, focusing on our philosophy towards customer service in creating a personal and memorable experience for our guests
- NCFE E- learning in Business Administration, Customer Service and more
- NVQ’s & Apprenticeship
- ESOL English lessons
“I believe that the key to my success is not only the support and opportunity I have been given but also my job satisfaction. The Grand is a company which focuses on people and their progress in order to build a supportive work environment. The approach of my mentors is quite simple but yet effective; “tell me and I will forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” Kornelia Kuczer, Room Service Attendant to Receptionist to Reservations Manager
Through personal development programmes we are proud to have supported over 50 promotions and internal transfers over the past year!
Why work here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Zb9ZDeobYGg
3 jobs with The Grand Brighton
We currently have an amazing opportunity for a passionate Commis Chef to join our highly successful team in the 2 Rosette, GB1 Seafood Restaurant w...
We currently have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Chef de Partie to join our highly successful team in the 2 Rosette, GB1 Seafood Restaur...
We are currently recruiting for a full time Receptionist to join our highly successful team at The Grand Hotel, Brighton. As a key front line team ...