We are a successful Sixth Form College, graded as Outstanding by Ofsted in 2012.
About 50% of our students come from Brighton and Hove, but many come from other state and independent schools throughout Sussex. The same variety of backgrounds, cultures and interests that make the Brighton area unique, also makes the College a lively, stimulating place to work.
There are approximately 2500 students on roll, of whom the vast majority (approximately 99%) follow Level 3 courses (mostly AS, A levels or BTECs) with the remainder following ESOL courses. The vast majority of our students are in the 16-19 age range, and following full-time courses. We have a strong local reputation for the academic success of our students and for our focus on individuals’ needs.
We are very proud of the achievements of our students and very much value the individual contribution that each of our staff make to our continuing success. Our last staff satisfaction survey found that nearly 90% of staff at BHASVIC enjoyed their job.
The College is within walking distance of Brighton town centre, Brighton train station and is on a main bus route. Please note that there is limited parking on the College campus and parking permits are allocated according to the distance you have to travel to work.
We offer a good package of employee benefits including:
- A family friendly approach to help achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme for all our teaching staff.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme for all our support staff.
- 24 days annual leave entitlement for our support staff which increases to 29 days after 5 years service (plus 8 days bank holiday).
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- We support the principles of the ‘Living Wage’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle Scheme
- Canteen and café on site for both staff and students
- Free tea, coffee and newspapers provided in the staff room
Staff Well Being
- Free Counselling and Occupational Health Service
- Discounts at local shops and businesses including gym membership
- Opportunity to apply for a year out after a qualifying period
- Family friendly policies
Staff Development Opportunities
- Induction programme for all staff
- Specific induction programme for new managers
- Management development programme available through FE Sussex
- Free qualification training for staff who qualify.
- Financial support for staff wishing to study for additional qualifications.
- A comprehensive staff development programme for all staff.
- All staff are given the opportunity to discuss their development needs with their line manager at least twice a year.
BHASVIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
7 jobs with BHASVIC
Learning Support Assistant (Fixed term, full-time, term time only) We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join the college’s Addi...
Required to start 1 September 2019 TEACHER OF A LEVEL DRAMA AND THEATRE STUDIES/BTEC PERFORMING ARTS Part time, fixed term post until August 2020 w...
Required to start 1 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter TEACHER OF HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE Part time, fixed term post until August 2020 w...
Required to start 1 September 2019 VISUAL ARTS TECHNICIAN – Permanent, full time, term time only We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified a...
Required to start 1 September 2019 HR Manager (Permanent – Part time, 30 hours per week) As a successful and thriving Sixth Form College with aroun...
Required to start as soon as possible Evening Cleaners We have vacancies for two part time Evening Cleaners to join our Estates Department. The pos...
Required to start 11 September 2019 TEACHER OF HISTORY (FTE between 0.8043 and Full Time, Fixed Term) We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, ex...