American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Global Compliance and International Products within GCP Technology at American Express consults with our Global Corporate Payments business partners on how to deliver innovation and business needs efficiently, leveraging their technology, market, enterprise and delivery expertise to ensure highest value to business at optimal cost and time to market and manages the delivery of multi-million dollar regulatory and compliance portfolio globally and international product portfolio. The team provides the GCP business and its clients with technical consultation including project sizing, feasibility options to meet client or business needs, drive discussions on technology plans and roadmaps, input to RFP requests, partnering on other strategic opportunities to add value to the GCP business or its clients.
The role will work with multiple business and technology teams focusing on prioritization, facilitation and delivery of large projects/programs of work for GCP business globally. The position will demand good communication, collaboration, strong analytical, presentation deep understanding of GCP systems and knowledge of multiple GCP products across the globe. The ability to independently build and maintain productive relationships with multiple stakeholders is essential, as is strong executive presence.
- Lead program(s) of work for compliance, regulatory or products delivery and deliver on time and within budget using structured frameworks such Agile/Scaled Agile, Waterfall, Six Sigma, etc.
- Act as a trusted ‘advisor’ with the business and technology teams (primarily GCP but also GNS, GNICS, WS, etc.), providing counsel and leadership on existing business processes and capabilities.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and innovation that result in cost saves, increased efficiency and, faster time to market for product launches.
- Independently build and maintain productive relationships with senior stakeholders, including technology and business partners and key vendors.
- Keeping the bigger picture in mind, use business modeling and deductive reasoning techniques to analyze a business problem/goal to develop and present a business case/solution with clear recommendations.
- Lead financial planning/management of the regional budget/portfolio with the business and proactively anticipate and highlight any project/financial risks ensuring adequate mitigation efforts are put in place to support the business goals.
- Assist in implementation planning and post Implementation reviews to ensure lessons learnt are carried forward in subsequent engagements.
- Provide consultancy to business users for new product development and ensure that technical thought process is incorporated into new product launches from the inception.
- Govern technology engagements from a customer advocacy perspective to ensure investments are delivering strategic solutions with customer needs/interests at the core.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Location:- Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Posting Close Date:- 28th October 2016
Posting Open Date:- 28th September 2016
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Systems Engineering or Information Systems or Systems Management is required.
- Candidate must have a strong mix of project/program management, business analysis, process consulting and financial management skills acquired working for a consultancy or within a financial services company.
- Must have strong knowledge of Vision Plus and delivery experience of regulatory and compliance projects.
- Strong knowledge of various systems within payments/cards business essential.
- Must have strong knowledge of B2B Payments/Purchase to Payment process lifecycle.
- Ability to manage and/or govern multiple concurrent engagements to demanding deadlines.
- A self-starter, proactive and results oriented individual with excellent relationship and communication skills with the ability to influence and drive executive decisions without direct control.
- Must have strong business facing skills with the ability to develop and present compelling business cases while contemplating and recommending innovative technology solutions to business problems.
- Although the role is primarily based in Brighton, occasional travel to London may be needed and, flexibility to travel internationally when needed.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).