Credit Specialist - German speaking
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Can you make the tough calls for our customers and our business? Our Credit Specialists know that helping customers is the heart of our business. But sometimes the right thing to do isn’t easy. It can mean declining requests to extend credit and collecting overdue funds. But they also understand that these could be the best decisions not only for American Express, but the customer as well. Do what’s right for customers, our company and your career. Like every customer, every situation is unique, but some of your responsibilities are clear.
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls for credit related matters
- Make profitable spend decisions based on risk assessment and card member profiles
- Recommend cancellation or suspension of spending privileges where required
- Effectively negotiate and discuss alternate payment arrangements
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Fluent German speaker
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building, presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience in a credit related role
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word Why American Express Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about.
Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).