Are you passionate about non-traditional price modelling and innovation? Then come and join Hastings Direct, we are a fast growing, agile, digitally focussed general insurance provider to the UK market.
We are looking for price analysts within our pricing and analytics team, where you will drive our commercial performance through the development of analytical strategies. While being actively involved in devising various market pricing policies for new business generation and retention of customers, you will be working on leading price optimization and machine learning tools alongside a fantastic team.
The role can be based in our city office in Cannon Street London or our Bexhill HQ down by the sea.
About the role
- Develop pricing strategy insights for Hastings Direct's products
- Participate in the development of pricing initiatives for new products & partners
- Prepare and analyse complex models and customer life-time value
- Design experiments to explore elasticity and assess customer behavior
- Coordinate pricing execution process, requiring active tracking of market price position, signaling and phasing's
- Carry out end to end price optimisation
- Prepare presentations, reports packs and policy documentation
- A keen, long-term interest in insurance pricing, coupled with a demonstrated interest in analytics
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities
- Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, reliability, accuracy and working with competing deadlines
- Confidently interact with and present to senior management
- Educated to a high level within a mathematical discipline
- Demonstrated strong capability with quantitative and analytical concepts. Academic qualifications in a quantitative discipline are an advantage but not a requirement
- Knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL etc.
- 1 year experience in similar data/pricing role will be advantageous