2nd Line Technician - Service Desk
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.2 million customers and employing over 2,700 colleagues at sites in Bexhill, Leicester and Newmarket. We have built our business by championing the customer by providing refreshingly straightforward service and products and offer car, motorcycle, van and home insurance directly to the public.
We now have an opportunity within our IT department for a 2nd Line Technician - service desk. This position is based from our head office in Bexhill.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, this post has responsibility for the logging (where applicable), resolution and escalation of technical issues reported to the Service Desk (business & IT related) requiring 2nd line intervention.
The position will involve:
- Responsibility for the execution of Windows technologies, HP and general IT Infrastructure operations as necessary to maintain business as usual activities.
- The post holder will have in-depth practical knowledge and experience of incident diagnosis, IT configuration, application and infrastructure implementation and support processes to provide a high level and broad spectrum of support for the group's infrastructure.
- The post will have primary responsibility to provide support and assistance (IT and business) to company employees to ensure the business continues to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Contribute to the day to day provisioning and support of operational environments including execution and monitoring of batch processing, performance & capacity reporting and associated housekeeping tasks both in and out of core business hours.
- Expertise to undertake small projects and tasks as part of larger projects.
- Through training, education and documentation, you will drive the transfer of 2nd line tasks to 1st Line colleagues using FTF (First Time Fix) techniques.
- Continually coach and mentor peers and colleagues within the Service Desk and other IT operational areas.
- Contribute to the development of ITIL best practise within the Service Desk.
- This role primarily operates at the Bexhill head office and support may be required at any location within the Hastings Group.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Microsoft Office suite 2010 / 2013 and O365
- Outlook 2010
- Troubleshooting issues on Windows 7 clients
- Relevant quantifiable hands-on experience of service provisioning through Service Desk and / or technical support function(s)
- Understanding of IBM and HP desktop and server hardware technologies
- Active Directory management
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 management
- VMWare experience and support knowledge
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- BeCrypt Encryption
- Juniper Remote Access & RSA administration
- Good For Enterprise user and device management
- Mimecast administration
- HP Wireless management
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking technologies (LAN and WAN, etc.)
- MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking technologies
- Understanding of IBM and HP Desktop hardware technologies
- Knowledge of Financial broking systems
- Generic system performance monitoring tools e.g. HP SIM, Operations Manager and Dynatrace etc.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with an annual bonus, contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes.
If the above looks and sounds like you then please do not hesitate and apply today!