Business Continuity Manager
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.2 million customers and employing over 2,700 colleagues at sites in Bexhill, Leicester and Newmarket. We now have an opportunity within our Assurance, Risk and Compliance department for a Business Continuity Manager. This position will be based from our Head Office in Bexhill on Sea.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Head of Risk and the Risk and Business Services Director in the management and coordination of: Risk Management activity across Hastings Insurance Services Limited The development, delivery and ongoing management of Business Continuity, Department Recovery and Crisis Management plans for the organisation.
Other responsibilities include:
- To establish, maintain and provide the appropriate leadership, advise and documentation for an effective business continuity programme, aligned to company strategy and change plan;
- To provide assurance to the Senior Management and Board of HISL that an effective business continuity is operational across the company.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting and testing, to support and evidence the presence of an effective business continuity function;
- To document, deliver and secure approval (By the BC Committee) of a yearly plan, detailing the business continuity activity;
- Development of a robust testing plan and co-ordination of the testing of systems and area processes (including cascade testing);
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Good working knowledge of common ICT facilities including MS Office tools, email and the internet.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; verbal and written communications.
- Able to communicate with senior management, peers, auditors, regulatory examiners, consultants and clients.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong adherence to structured approaches, processes and procedures.
- A high level of team collaboration and the ability to understand business process.
- A self motivated individual who works well within a team environment and has a strong passion for quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Complies with company values/policies/procedures
- Displays professionalism.
- A strong background in general insurance;
- Be a member of the Business Continuity Institute and hold the relevant qualification;
- Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2 Practitioner;
- Generalised Business knowledge.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with car allowance, up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, 23 days holiday, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes.
If the above looks and sounds like you then please do not hesitate and apply today!