Telesales Representative in Brighton
Reports to: Telesales Team Leader
Contract status: Permanent
Hours per week: 37.5
Purpose of the role:
To communicate effectively on the telephone and in writing, reacting to new customers questions across the full range of savings and protection products that OneFamily provides to its customers.
To actively promote and introduce the range of products offered by OneFamily. Utilise opportunities to increase policy income and generate new business to agreed target levels.
This role requires you to be able to respond to changing requirements of a developing and expanding organisation, dedicated to providing a high quality of service alongside attainment of service standards and new and existing business success.
- Communicate effectively with customers to exchange information and maintain/build customer loyalty
- Provide information to customers on the range of OneFamily products in both verbal and written formats
- Record all customer requests for information and update the corporate database with relevant details
- Maintain and pro-actively identify problems with data or information within the corporate database ensuring it is complete, up-to date, accurate and reliable
- Provide information to existing or new customers on policy details
- Provide a high quality service to all customers during every contact
- To undertake in-house study to attain Certificate of Financial Planning
- Undertake all outbound calls as required and inbound sales calls as advised by the Technical Coach
- Convert new customer enquiries into new policies to defined quality & service standards
- To cross-sell & up-sell to existing members
- To make any follow-up calls as required in response to marketing campaigns or business procedures
- Deliver clear and concise explanations of products whilst not giving advice or recommendation that a product should be chosen in preference to another or indeed at all.
- The successful applicant will need to undergo an intensive training programme lasting up to 3 months and have ability to self-study and pass CFP1 exam and in house tests to attain Introducer status to be able to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- Customer Focused - Appreciates the impact of individual actions and collective behaviours in relation the effect on the customer of the process, service or product provided. In doing so, takes appropriate action to ensure that the customer experience is positive (or where recognised as negative, takes steps to mitigate further dissatisfaction).
- Team Working - Contributing readily to ensure the success of the whole, even to the point of making personal sacrifice.
- Verbal Communication - Can readily convey information in a manner appropriate to the current audience. This may include complex or technically specialised messages. Can convey key messages succinctly and in a manner appropriate to the intended audience and in keeping with agreed brand style & tone.
- Results Focused - Continuously mindful of the effect of the actions taken and the implications effect of these and how they affect the desired outcome.
- Personal Organisation & Time Management - Managing effectively the various (and potentially conflicting) demands which allows successful completion of the tasks at hand within the time available.
- Attention to detail & Accuracy - Pays fine attention to detail. Understands the context of matters presented to them and the implications of errors occurring.
Our values help define who we are as OneFamily. They come from the beliefs we hold, the way we behave and how we want to work together for our customers.
- Better together
- Being innovative
- Champion the customer’s needs
- Doing what’s right
- Being your best
Our values are unique to our brand. They give us purpose and focus. They are vital in helping us all ‘do the right thing’. If we are confident that we are true to our values, then we can be sure that we are doing the best for our customers.
Embed and embody Family’s essential leadership competencies, to drive the company forward and maximise people engagement.
Leading self: Be accountable, intellectually able, a role model for our Values, authentic in your leadership and deliver results.
Leading others: Resolve issues and make decisions, communicate confidently in different settings, empower others and develop talent, motivate and inspire and effectively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Leading the business: Lead change, challenging the status quo and bringing in new thinking, and demonstrate sound strategic thinking