Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focussed general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.4 million customers and employing over 2,700 colleagues at sites in Bexhill, Leicester and Newmarket.
In our sea-side office in Bexhill, we now have opportunities within our Claims department in the Personal Injury Ministry of Justice (MOJ) area. This department assesses personal injury claims submitted by innocent third parties whom have been involved in an accident with our insured driver.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Communicating via incoming and outbound calls and written correspondence with the policyholder, keeping them updated of all material developments, witnesses, engineers, insurers, hire companies, solicitors, and third parties in order to bring about resolution of claim.
- Investigating liability where required, by telephone enquiries, accident report forms, instructing accident investigators, applying for police reports or any other necessary investigations.
- Assessing general damages up to a value of £ 25000.00
- Formulating accurate reserves which can often be based on very limited information.
- Assessing interim payment requests to highlight and proactively secure settlements on claims with signs of deterioration.
- To ensure each claim is dealt with in line with company/departmental procedure/philosophy and within service standards through to settlement stage in line with personal authorities.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience in motor claims.
- Be able to show an understanding of complicated liability scenario's and be able to gain information through liaison with policy holders, witnesses and accident investigators within very tight time parameters.
- Be able to assess and identify claims that may have potential to be beyond the scope of the portal.
- Be able to identify why a claim is outstanding for an irregular amount of time, look to proactively manage that case to its earliest conclusion and ensure that reserves have been set to appropriate levels.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes, with the opportunity to progress and develop.
If the above sounds like what you're looking for you then please do not hesitate and apply today!