ASSISTANT MANAGER – PIER PRESSURE ESCAPE ROOMS
£20,000-£22,000 p.a. plus potential for bonus structure.
Pier Pressure is the latest exciting live action attraction to hit Brighton, opening at the end of March.
Escape rooms are immersive challenges in which teams (friends, families, or co-workers) need to solve puzzles, find clues and complete the given challenge within 60 minutes. They are fun, exciting and unique experiences that require teamwork and creative thinking. Here at Pier Pressure, we have designed all our rooms with a love for all things Brighton in mind and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for games, fun and Brighton to join our team.
We are looking for an assistant manager to join us in early March, who will play a hugely important supporting role to our directors across every area of the business. The assistant manager will help with the day-to-day running of the premises, including scheduling and management of staff, sales and marketing assistance, resolving customer issues; plus be a games host and run the escape rooms. Importantly, the assistant manager will be relied upon to be the manager-on-duty when the directors are not onsite.
You don’t need to have done an escape room to apply for this position; if you’re reliable, enthusiastic and tick the boxes below we’d love to hear from you.
This is a full time position, which includes frequent weekends and evenings (until 8pm)
You will be:
- A confident and outgoing person who would be comfortable as a games host.
- Reliable and able to act on your own initiative
- Easy to get on with in order to create good working relationships with both staff and customers
- Flexible and willing to get involved in all aspects of the business.
- A problem solver who can remain calm and find solutions in time sensitive situations.
You will have:
- Previous management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Enthusiasm for games and all things entertainment.
Not essential, but handy skills:
- An understanding of digital marketing.
- Experience in hiring and/or scheduling a team of staff.
- Experience in acting / public speaking / performing or a natural confidence in front of groups.
Deadline for applications: 22nd January 2018
First round of interviews: 24th-27th January 2018
Second round of interviews: 30th-31st January 2018
Decision to be made by: 5th February 2018
Start date: 5th March 2018
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including a paragraph detailing what makes you a perfect candidate and an answer to the following question:
If you were trapped on the pier, the gates were locked and the sea was dangerously rough, how would you escape?