LGV Cat C (Class 2) Driver - The Best Connection
Job Reference: CWELXXLGW
Salary: £11.50 per hour
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
The Best Connection, One of the largest specialist suppliers of flexible workforce solutions are currently recruiting for a highly motivated LGV Cat C Class 2 driver to work for a nationally recognised blue chip company.
Currently seeking a Class 2 HGV Driver to fill a position in Gatwick. The successful candidate will possess a current and valid Class 2 HGV Licence and must have FULL CPC and digital tacho card.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU - Your role as Cat C Class 2 HGV Driver
- Driving an 18 tonne HGV CAT C Class 2 vehicle around Gatwick airport carrying out deliveries of cages and palletised goods around airport outlets.
- Carry out daily vehicle checks: - tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Staff are expected to carry out all duties to the best of their abilities whilst being professional to all other members of staff and passengers at all times.
- Role can involve heavy lifting at times due to the nature of goods being delivered at the time.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
ABOUT YOU - What we need from you as a Cat C Class 2 HGV Driver
- Cat C Class 2 HGV License (Newly qualified also welcome)
- Experience not essential as assessments and training will be provided
- No more than 6 points on licence accepted (No DD, DR, IN codes accepted)
- Applicants MUST have a FULL 5 YEAR Checkable work history
- These shifts can fall on a Monday to Sunday.
Shift times are 4 on 4 off with a mixture of days and nights working 12 hour shifts from 0600/1800 – 1800/0600
Pay rate for the role is £11.50 per hour
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- CRB Check Required
- Digi-Card Required
- Licence - Category C
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Shift Premiums
- Training Provided
- Weekend Work
Please call Mike or Amar on 01293 515333 to apply.