Library Administration Assistant in Brighton
LIBRARY ADMIN ASSISTANT – SUPPORT ROLE C
Salary, NJC Scale 5 (£20,661 – £22,658) per annum/pro rata)
PART TIME 9.00AM – 2.45PM – TERM TIME ONLY
The Governors are seeking to appoint an experienced and highly efficient Administration Assistant to join the Library and support staff in this large Catholic Comprehensive Secondary School.
This role would suit a proactive individual who would enjoy the challenge of working in a busy school environment including:
- All aspects of administration supporting the Library and various teams across the school.
- Supporting Pastoral Leaders and teaching staff with administration tasks.
- Excellent telephone manner to support internal/external telephone calls including attendance.
The successful applicant will:
- Have demonstrable experience of providing excellent administrative support in a busy environment
- Possess excellent organisational, communication and numerical skills and the ability to display sensitivity when handling difficult situations
- Have a high level of computer literacy and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Librarian experience desirable
- Experience of assisting students on a day to day basis
- Be flexible in their approach to working and be able to use initiative
- Work efficiently and accurately
- Possess the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
In return we offer:
- Training opportunities
- A team of motivated and supportive colleagues
- A school with well-established systems and procedures
Application packs are available on our school website (www.cncs.co.uk)
Closing Date: Friday, 19th January at 10.00am
Cardinal Newman Catholic School is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.