Class 2 Relief HGV Driver
Class 2 Relief HGV Driver
We have a vacancy for a full time Class 2 Relief HGV Driver at our branches in Sussex and Kent, covering for staff holidays and sickness. It will be discussed at interview which branches you will be covering. You will be allocated a company van and mobile phone to get to the branch.
What you will be responsible for:
Ensuring goods are transported to customers in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensuring security of goods carried are at the highest level
- Ensure compliance with all transport procedures throughout the operation
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation
- To report any accident or damage to any equipment or machinery
- Maintain excellent service levels at all times
- Ensure road worthiness of vehicle before leaving the yard by carrying out a safety check, taking appropriate action where necessary
- During quieter periods, assisting yard staff and serving customers in the yard
- Keeping vehicle clean and tidy
- During quieter periods, you will be expected to work in the yard at your local branch
Hours of work:
Working a 45 hour basic week, standard working hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am-5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch. Saturdays are on a rota basis and are paid at overtime rate. The hours will be either 8am-12pm or 8am-12.30pm dependent on your place of work.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal Class 2 Relief HGV Driver will have a friendly and outgoing nature and can work independently and within a team. A HGV Licence at Class 2 or above required and previous experience of HGV Driving essential. The successful applicant will have strong logistical and geographical knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills and be self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable.
The successful applicant would ideally have experience with building materials and with remote controlled lorry mounted crane offloading, but full Health and Safety training will be given. A fork lift licence would also be preferable.
What you will receive:
In return for your hard work, we offer an excellent benefit package including the following: a highly competitive rate of pay, a monthly bonus scheme, annual profit related pay, pension, discounted staff purchasing, WPA healthcare, long service benefits and uniform.
Parker Building Supplies are accredited by Investors in People, we offer multiple skills training allowing you to perform in a variety of roles to develop your career in merchanting and customer service.