The Maintenance department is responsible for the care and upkeep of the entire building, ensuring that all areas of the building are in full working order at all times. This team is also responsible for all aspects of proactive and preventative maintenance programmes. Guest care and service is at the forefront of all tasks undertaken.
Main responsibilities of the Duty Engineer:
- Outstanding customer care at all times
- Maintain a high standard of guest room repairs, ensuring high levels of attention to detail and professionalism whilst respecting guest privacy
- Regular tasks such as lamp changing, furniture repairs, basic plumbing duties
- Advise when replacement items need to be ordered
- Hands on skills ensuring all services, systems, fixtures and fittings are maintained in perfect working order.
- Carry out effective planned preventative maintenance regimes
- Comply with all relevant H&S regulations.
- Carry out quality checks
- Ensure safe working
Desired skills and experience
- a commitment to delivering high levels of guest service and cleanliness
- a smart and professional appearance
- a positive attitude and good command of the English language due to guest interaction
- the enthusiasm to be part of a winning team
- previous maintenance experience will be an advantage
- 28 days' paid holidays during each holiday year
- 5 days extra holidays for employees with over 5 year service
- £200 for recommending someone into the organisation
- Preferential room rates for yourself and your family
- Free Tea, Coffee and Hot Meals whilst on duty
- Discounted gym membership
- Uniform and free laundry service for most positions
- Discounts on local travel
- Discounts with Merlin entertainments
- Access to MyAroraBenefits portal with a vast range of in store and online discounts across many UK retailers
- Free eye care vouchers for VDU users
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Excellent employee recognition programmes
- Range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities of promotion and transfer across the group
- Free staff social events
- Company Pension scheme
- Critical Illness Cover (after 1 year service)
- childcare voucher scheme
- Free employee assistance helpline for you and your family
- And more...
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our Duty Engineer, please click apply now. We’d love to hear from you!