Credit Hire Leader
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.6 million customers and employing over 3000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill, and Leicester. We have built our business by championing the customer by providing refreshingly straightforward service and products and offer car, motorcycle, van and home insurance directly to the public.
We now have an opportunity within our Technical Claims department for a Credit Hire Leader. This position is based from our Head Office in Bexhill on Sea.
The main purpose of the role is to lead teams of claims handlers managing credit hire and property damage claims. Develop and implement strategies to mitigate claims spend. Engage with the credit hire market to develop bespoke strategies to combat claims inflation and poor behaviours seen in this segment. Grow our technical capability through structured learning and coaching for colleagues and leaders. Develop a continuous improvement approach, delivery operational excellence across Credit Hire.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Develop technical and operational capability to deliver operational excellence
- Lead strategies across all Credit Hire claims including those associated to Personal Injury claims
- Identify technical skills and knowledge gaps and support the development and delivery of required training
- Engage with legal suppliers to provide specialist subject matter training to Colleagues
- Develop appropriate litigation strategies to deliver the strategy Ensure all colleagues are briefed on market updates and strategies put in place
- Be seen by the wider group as the 'go to' contact for credit hire claims technical issues Coordinate market engagement including representation on industry bodies and engagement
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Significant third party claims handling experience
- Advanced Communication & negotiation skills and attention to detail
- High level Coaching skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Customer focused Commitment to developing self and others
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Ability to deliver to challenging time frames
- Good analytical skills
- Influencing skills
Insurance Based Qualification (Cert CII etc)
Educated to minimum GCSE level or equivalent
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 10% annual bonus, £5k car allowance, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes.
If the above looks and sounds like you then please do not hesitate and apply today!