International Animal Rescue
Title: Office Administrator
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Location: Uckfield, East Sussex
for applications: 4th February
Be part of Team Rescue and come and work with a small dynamic team dedicated to rescuing animals from cruelty and suffering around the world.
International Animal Rescue (IAR) is committed to animal welfare and conservation and we do exactly what our name says: we save animals from suffering around the world. We cut free dancing bears in India, rescue orangutans in Indonesia, nurse Howler monkeys back to health in Costa Rica and treat stray dogs and cats around the world - and so much more. Whenever we can, we release rescued animals back into the wild; and when that's not possible, we give them a safe haven for life.
IAR is vibrant in the market place and our supporters are the life blood of what we do. We are looking for a very enthusiastic individual who is inspired and motivated by the work of IAR, who will be an outward facing first contact for both our supporters and suppliers and an experienced administrator. If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who can support IAR’s small but growing Finance team. This is a role that will suit somebody with a proven background in administration, who is passionate about animal welfare and conservation. We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
Application process: email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Office Administrator as the email subject.
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities
This role sits within the finance team and is responsible for the day to day running of the front desk and the smooth running of the office.
This will include:
· Office procurement and maintenance
· Manage IT needs
· Front of house duties to include:
o First point of contact for incoming calls
o Post – incoming and outgoing
· Answering queries from donors received by phone and via our website
· Processing of donations that are mailed to International Animal Rescue
· Processing telephone donations
· Fulfilment of supporter orders
· Organise and supervise our admin volunteers
· Liaise with supporters regarding queries, payment issues and other supporter care.
· Provide input to improvements and development
· Support the team with other administrative and operational duties.
· Maintaining Stock levels of Merchandise
· Health and Safety
Abilities & Competencies:
· Proven track record of Administration experience
· Driven to provide the very best supporter experience
· Passionate about the work of IAR
· Good interpersonal skills for dealing with our supporters
· Good time management skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Good telephone manner
· Pro-active and self-motivated
· Able to work well as part of a team
· IT literate
· Ability to meet tight deadlines
· Confident with cash Management
· Handling and processing transactions (benefical)
· Background in Admin and office management (essential)
· Experience with Raisers Edge (Supporter Relationship Database) (beneficial)
· Flexible approach and adaptable to working in a small cross-functional team
· Willing and able to occasionally carry out other tasks for IAR as and when required
· Ability to prioritise conflicting demands; able to work with team members to share, motivate and influence; creative thinker, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
· Commitment to animal welfare and conservation