Developer - Polaris ProductWriter
We are currently seeking a Polaris ProductWriter to join the team on a permanent basis. Hastings Direct is one of the fastest growing insurance companies in the UK, providing car, van, home and bike insurance to over one million customers as well as a full range of additional products and services.
Our growth plans are ambitious - we want to protect one in ten of all UK insurance customers by 2020 and with a customer joining us every 45 seconds we have high hopes to achieve this.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing team who use cutting edge tools which have helped us become one of the UK's fastest growing insurers.
- Develop and maintain Advantage Polaris products (Car, Bike, CV and Home)
- Using Polaris, Radar, SQL, the test harness and any other software as appropriate ensure Polaris programs developed are an accurate representation of the underwriting product rules and tables
- Deliver product updates to agreed time frames
- Assess and feedback where appropriate the feasibility of alternative solutions where appropriate
- Undertake projects assigned to the product development area and see such projects through to completion in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of Polaris and Productwriter and how the tools can be effectively and efficiently used to support the Advantage products
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
Knowledge of Polaris Programming language (Essential)
- Knowledge of Changes and updates to Polaris language and environment (Essential)
- Knowledge of Radar, SQL (Desirable)
- Ability to when required work independently with little or no supervision (Essential)
- Experience in Regression, Batch test process (Desirable)
- Experience of contributing to the delivery of projects using structured project management approaches (Desirable)
- Awareness of motor underwriting & pricing methods and rules (Desirable)
- GCSE passes (A-C) (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- A relevant technical or professional qualification.
In return you will recieve a competitie salary, annual bonus and the option of flexible home working.