FX Corporate Account Manager
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
With over 150 years’ experience in foreign exchange and the backing of a global payments company American Express Foreign Exchange brings the world closer by providing market-leading currency solutions across Corporations, Financial Institutions, and Consumers across the globe.
Anyone can offer a sales solution.
It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
Every member of our Foreign Exchange International Payments Team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping small, medium and large businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know that our collective success depends on yours.
Right now we have a fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager. This role sits within the Corporate Account Sales team and will carry responsibility for ensuring effective strategies and behaviours are being deployed to realise annual revenue and retention on a portfolio of existing accounts and team targets on both an individual and team portfolio of Corporate Accounts.
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
With a positive attitude in everything you do and every relationship you build, you’ll also be resilient, driven, a self-starter and inspired by a good challenge. Our industry is constantly moving, so we adapt quickly, always motivated to stay ahead of the game. It’s an exciting environment, but you’ll need the ambition and drive to take hold of every opportunity, and go further as an individual.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities. As an integral part of the team you will:
- Revenue & Volume Targets – Manage a portfolio of approx 250 established SME Clients through sales of products and services which address customers’ business needs by executing a plan to grow Share of Wallet (SOW) FX spend to meet/exceed business targets
- Retention – Retain Client SOW by understanding the competitive landscape and cross-sell products to protect against the threat of competition
- Relationship Building - Build strong relationships across Senior Level customer contacts in order to retain business and seek expansion opportunities
- Account Management – Responsible for all areas of account management, including understanding clients’ business needs, resolving issues in a timely manner; understand competitor solutions the client is using as well as the clients’ developing needs – being able match customer needs to our product/service range
- Teamwork & Leadership – Drive initiatives across the team to meet and exceed business targets
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
These are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- Strong analytical skills required to assess portfolio performance
- Good Sales/relationship management experience preferred
- Applicable understanding of FX and economic influences driving the market desirable
- Advanced MS Office Skills including excel
- Excellent Communication Skills and interpersonal skills
- Superior Time & Task Management
- Exceptional Customer Service focus
- Operational /Banking/Back office/SWIFT payment and processing knowledge preferred but not essential
- FX & International Payments experience preferred but not essential.
- Keen interest & desire in forging a career within Financial Services (if newly graduated).
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time