The mission of Global Network Business (GNB) is to power safe and easy commerce for and through the members of the American Express community. At its core, GNB is responsible for running the company’s core transaction processing platform, to develop and enable products and capabilities for the American Express Global Network (AEGN).
The Network Settlement Solutions team within GNB is responsible for managing financial settlements and contractual fees, moving funds between American Express (AXP) and GNS and ATM partners.
The GNB Network Settlement Solutions Team delivers an exceptional settlement experience to our GNS and Business Partners. The team is a highly respected operational team that works closely with multiple business partners in the fast pace world of payments.
This is a Business Analyst role within Network Settlements Team reporting to the Network Settlements Solutions Manager. The role is very exciting, working with Network Partners and numerous internal Amex teams. No one day is ever the same and there's always something to keep the successful applicant engaged and wanting to come back the next day!
The main responsibility of this particular role is ensuring settlements that primarily sit outside of the Network are calculated and settled to GNS Partners on a daily basis within strict time bound parameters.
These settlements are partially manual in nature so a key aptitude for accuracy and diligence is required. Settlement information is gathered from various systematic sources and validated before being keyed to Excel spreadsheets to calculate the settlement.
The analyst will initiate settlements to Partners, raising and keying accounting entries, reconciliation and subsequent clearance of all system related and manual accounting entries which have resulted in open items on the balance sheets.
This position will also include responsibility for various ad hoc financial activities within the Settlement process.
Key Business Partners are Risk Management, Controllership, Global Deal Implementation, Treasury, ATM Operations, BDL’s and Partner Operational Managers.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be flexible, results driven and be able to lead and influence without authority.
- Proven experience of team working and an ability to plan, organise and allocate daily tasks according to strict deadlines
- Strong Financial Acumen and an intuitive nature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to confidently and professionally communicate with our Partners and at all levels within organization e.g. able to present financial information clearly both internally and externally
- Well-honed interpersonal collaboration and influencing skills. Team player who can build and deepen relationships with the Network business and Finance teams
- Professional, highly customer focused, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- Problem-solving mentality, eager to find solutions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and able to prioritize in an ever changing environment
- Computer literate, proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, MS PowerPoint) & Oracle. Knowledge of VBA beneficial
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvements and proactively drive change forward
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time