Employee Relations Specialist 9 - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Purpose of Position:
This role forms a critical part of the UK & Ireland Employee Relations Team.
As an Employee Relations organisation, we provide counsel and guidance to employees and leaders and develop and execute Employee Relations strategies to meet the business and HR goals.
The ER Specialist role will provide the delivery of ‘best in class’ Employee Relations Consultancy Service to UK Business Leaders and employees as well as to Leaders across the Americas, EMEA and APAC where they have UK based employees.
Whilst this role is primarily telephone based case work, it is a dynamic and exciting role that sits within a team which prides itself on its ER expertise and its collaborative spirit.
- Provide comprehensive expert advice to business leaders on a high volume of ER cases covering all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Understand, interpret and analyse changes in UK and EU Employment Law in order to develop proactive strategic solutions whilst maintaining compliance.
- Drive continuous review and benchmarking activities to ensure ER service is best in class.
- Deliver training to business leaders on key ER topics.
- Deliver ad hoc Employee Relations projects.
- Partner effectively with the broader Global Employee & Labour Relations teams, Business Leaders, General Counsel Office, HR colleagues and third party suppliers including Health & Safety and Occupational Health
- Communicate effectively with HR colleagues in the US and EMEA on issues which impact their business areas
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- HR-related or Law Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated ER expertise in areas of disciplinary, performance, absence and flexible working, Redundancy
- Significant Employee Relations case management experience in a large matrix organization
- Expert application/interpretation of UK legislation across all key HR Policies and Procedures
- Ability to interact effectively and quickly build credibility with Leaders
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Strong organisational / prioritisation skills
- Ability to focus both on detail and wider implications of issues
- Ability to assess individual or business readiness to manage ER issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management skills
- Strong presentation Skills
- Teamwork: Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to the strong cohesive team environment
- CIPD or equivalent desirable
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time