Lingfield Park Resort is seeking a Greenkeeper to work within the existing team. At Lingfield Park Resort there is a strong culture based on recruiting and developing individuals who embody the ‘Spirit to Serve’.
We are a unique resort based over 450 acres and comprise of one of the UK’s busiest racecourses. Set beside the racecourse is the 4* Marriott franchise hotel with 116 luxurious rooms, where guests are able to stay in the hotel with magnificent views over the racecourse, golf course and surrounding countryside. Successful candidates can look forward to using Marriott international benefits including discounted hotel stays. They will also be able to enjoy using the relaxing Breathe Spa facilities and our PGA Championship 18-hole Golf Course.
The Greenkeeper will be responsible and accountable for maintenance and presentation of the entire Golf Course, the Club House surrounds and driving range, in line with the requirements of the Club Greens committee and the Executive. The successful candidate will be proactive, accurate and highly motivated with a positive attitude towards work. The candidate should also possess experience in outdoor labouring and machine operating.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Maintenance and presentation of the 18-hole woodland golf course
- To prepare and maintain the greens and fairways
- To carry out aspects of turf management
- To carry out preparation works on the course for play on each day that the course is open
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least GCSE or equivalent
- NVQ level 2 Sports Turf qualification or equivalent
- Experience in outdoor year round labouring
- Experience of operating machinery
- Clean and full driving licence – essential
- Spraying and chainsaw qualifications – desirable
- Demonstrable health and safety knowledge
- Relevant sports turf experience - desirable
- Good time management
- Attention to detail
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- The right to work within the UK
In return we will offer you:
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- A competitive salary
- Marriott International Benefits
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Use of Spa and Golf course
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
How to Apply:
Please send a full CV together with a covering letter detailing where you saw the position advertised and current salary to Holli Grayshan (HR and Recruitment Coordinator)
Arena Racing Company does not accept unsolicited CV’s from any agencies that have not signed a mutual business agreement. All unsolicited CV’s will be considered Arena Racing Company’s property, and Arena Racing Company will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes CV’s submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the HR Department.