This role will involve safely transporting the airport passengers with reduce mobility either to or from the aircraft. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding business from our site at London Gatwick Airport. This role is responsible for driving the company’s ambi-lifts or minibuses on and around the airfield, from the aircraft to the terminal building and back for both in and out bound flights. We can offer a wide range of hours to suit your needs with flexibility to accommodate both full time and part time shifts. We are happy to consider candidates that don’t have experience in a similar role providing you have the desire to work in a customer focused environment and have the required category on your driving license.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Drive the company ambi-lifts or minibuses ensuring that the vehicle is safe and secure at all times.
· Deliver or collect the passengers at the aircraft door and assist with the transfer into their seat or wheelchair through safe manual handling techniques.
· Escorting arriving and departing passengers with reduced mobility through the airport
· Providing assistance with baggage.
· Completing a daily check on your vehicle, to maintain the operational reliability of the vehicle, reporting where necessary, any vehicle defects in line with the Vehicle Inspection procedure
· Full driving license is essential with categories C (HGV) & D1 (minibus)
· Previous experience in a customer service/ Customer care environment is desirable
· Demonstrate excellent customer service