Digital Marketing Officer
We are currently looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Officer to join our Digital team. With a passion for using communications and technology to bring about social change, you will embrace marketing and social media in all their forms to help get HIV prevention messages out to people who are at risk of contracting the virus, campaign to improve the lives of people affected by HIV, and support our fundraising work.
Avert is a small but influential charity working on HIV and sexual health that has been at the forefront of the HIV response since 1986. By sharing knowledge, we empower people to protect themselves and others from infection, reduce stigma and improve HIV programmes globally. Our clear and impartial information reaches thousands of people across the world every day and our partners help to change the lives of those most in need in sub-Saharan Africa. Our information and education site, and associated social media, reach millions of people in more than 180 countries each year.
As Digital Marketing Officer you will work to increase the reach and impact of our global HIV information and education website, our social media platforms, and our other digital campaigns and partnerships – in line with our ambitious four-year strategy..
We’re looking for someone who can combine creativity with the ability to plan and measure. You will have an excellent understanding of how to use social media, SEO, PPC, email marketing and more to increase our reach and engagement with those who know about us and with those who need to know about us. You will also help bring our work to life for donors and supporters.
This is a key role within the organisation and you will have the opportunity to make an impact and shape the future direction of our marketing activities while improving the lives of people living with or at risk of HIV.
We offer a great working environment in the seaside city of Brighton, a friendly team atmosphere, and attractive benefits including an employer contribution pension scheme.
- Salary: £27,000 to £29,000 per annum, attractive benefits and employer contribution pension available
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week. A flexible working policy is in place.
- Location: Brighton
- Contract: Full time.
Applications for this role should be made by sending a CV and cover letter addressing the criteria in the person specification.
Closing date: 11pm on Sunday 29 April 2018, with indicative interview dates of 10 and 11 May 2018.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and planning
- Produce and execute digital marketing (PPC, SEO, Email) and social media plans to support our organisational objectives
- Throughout the year create and deliver compelling integrated digital marketing campaigns that will stand out and engage our global target audiences. Tailor content for different platforms and use targeting to reach specific audiences through our digital platforms
- Using your SEO knowledge to advise on and play an active, creative role in the generation of ideas for Avert's website editorial and offsite content and campaigns
- Help to build our digital and social media strategy in order to reach key audiences
Social media marketing
- Manage daily interactions on our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, Google +, YouTube) to build engagement and reach – coordinating with other members of the Digital team
- Create new and interesting content to inform, educate, challenge and engage – using your excellent knowledge of social media platforms. Use a mixture of content to deliver messages and appeal to audiences. Keep on top of social trends and suggest new methods of delivery as appropriate
- Coordinate and schedule social media calendars
- Manage reactive and planned activity appropriately
Content and search marketing
- Stay on top of developments within the HIV sector, keep an eye on what’s trending, relate it back to our content and put Avert ahead of the crowd in talking about the latest news
- Work with the Digital team to increase and harness user engagement across Avert's website and to plan future content and campaigns
- Market Avert’s news articles across various platforms
- Manage the relationship with our search agency and have overall responsibility for the Google Grant and Adwords Account
- Ensure link building with relevant organisations to improve search rankings and content reach
- Write, create and deliver our various e-Newsletters using MailChimp
- Oversee the MailChimp platform and ongoing development of e-newsletters
- Raise our profile as the definitive source of accurate and engaging information about HIV. Develop awareness of our brand working with the Funding team
- Provide regular analysis and evaluation of all digital marketing activity – from campaigns to everyday posts – and report back on this to senior staff and board members
- Attend weekly and monthly editorial planning meetings and knowledge sharing meetings
- Work closely with content, programming and fundraising colleagues to maximise Avert’s social media and marketing profile
- Manage and prioritise requests from internal stakeholders, balancing information provision, campaigning and fundraising objectives
- Keep abreast of developments in the global HIV epidemic and the challenges faced in reaching at risk people with the information they need about HIV
- Keep up-to-date on developments in social media, search marketing, and the wider world of digital marketing.
- Two years’ experience of working in a social media/digital marketing-focussed role
- Proven experience of implementing digital campaigns across search, social media channels, content marketing and PPC
- Proven track record of running a successful social media presence (including reputation management) and of online community building
- An understanding of best practice for SEO and Google AdWords
- Skilled in using social media and email marketing management and monitoring tools
- Proven ability to communicate with a number of audiences with varying objectives using appropriate language and content, while maintaining a consistent tone of voice and organisational brand
- Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics and social media analytics packages
- Experience in using email marketing software, such as MailChimp
- Excellent copywriter with a strong eye for detail and a creative streak
- Experience of commissioning content for digital channels
- Passionate about using social media and technology for social good
- Team player with a proactive approach
- Able to organise own workload, highly motivated and a great multitasker
- Educated to degree level, or with equivalent qualification/experience
- Experience of working or volunteering on youth, HIV, sexual health or other social development issues
- Experience of digital advocacy campaigns and/or digital fundraising
- Knowledge of HIV and AIDS and the international development sector’s response
- Experience in using design software such as Photoshop
- Experience in video editing