Apprentice Leisure Operations Assistant
Post Title: Apprentice Leisure Operations Assistant
Organisation: Wave Leisure Trust (Lewes Leisure Centre)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Apprenticeship Duration: 12 months
Salary: £3.70 per hour
Training Provider: Swim UK
Apprenticeship Title: Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being.
To learn how to undertake all functions involved in running the centre which will include preparation of the facilities for customers. Assist in implementing new initiatives and providing an exceptional service to customers. The priority of the Apprentices is to provide a friendly and efficient full service to all of its customers at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To clean all areas of the Centre including pool hall, changing rooms, toilets, showers, storeroom and drains to ensure exceptional standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- To ensure that all users behave in an orderly manner at all times and take appropriate action should any member of the public misuse the facilities.
- To assist with the delivery of continuous improvement plans.
- To assist in the maintenance, use and updating of safety equipment and to ensure that the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act are properly adhered to.
- To be diligent about compliance with the Trust’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To take on relevant responsibilities during Emergency Procedures.
General Tasks – Dry Side
- To ensure day to day preparation of facilities eg equipment set ups.
- To undertake coaching/supervision of courses and sessions as required.
General Tasks – Wet Side
- To lifeguard and supervise the pool area, assist swimmers in difficulty, undertake any necessary life saving operations and apply First Aid as needed.
- To supervise changing rooms, showers and associated areas.
- To make and record periodic checks on chemical levels of the pool water and report to a manager should it fail to meet the required standards.
- To ensure the day to day preparation of the pool facilities for swimming lessons, special water activities and private parties.
- To assist the OM in organising special water activities for children during the school holidays.
- To maintain a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification including attendance at staff training on a monthly basis.
Desirable Qualities/Skills Needed:
- Good customer service skills
- Highly organised
- Good time management
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated to learn and achieve new qualifications
- Team Player
National Minimum Wage:
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour (as of 1st April). This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Holiday: 20 days leave per annum
Eligibility: If you have completed a degree then unfortunately you will not be eligible for funding for an Apprenticeship.