Apprentice Aquatics Assistant
Post Title: Apprentice Aquatics Assistant
Organisation: Chailey Heritage Foundation
Hours: 37 hours per week
Hours generally between 08:00 and 20:00, on a flexible rota, covering 7 days a week, 52 weeks per annum.
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Salary: £125 - £220 per week
Training provider: Swim UK
Apprenticeship title: Level 2 Activity Leadership - Swimming Teaching
Chailey Heritage Foundation are recruiting for an Apprentice Aquatics Assistant to join their Aquatics provision.
- To undertake and successfully complete a one year apprenticeship training programme with Chailey Heritage Foundation working primarily in the Hydrotherapy Pool.
- The post holder will undertake a comprehensive programme of on the job training, external training courses and monthly assessments by a designated external assessor.
- To support the supervisory team in the effective operation of the Hydrotherapy Pool at Chailey Heritage Foundation on a day-to-day basis, supporting with the care of Young People (YP) and delivery of the Aquatics Curriculum objectives.
Apprenticeship Training Included in this role:
- Active IQ Level 2 NVQ in Activity Leadership
- ASA Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
- ASA Level 2 Teaching Aquatics
- RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- 1st 4 Sport Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Functional Skills in Maths & English (if required)
Other qualifications that can also be included:
- STA Level 2 Pool Water Testing
- HABC Level 2 Health & Safety
- RLSS Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work
- RLSS Level 3 First Aid at Work
- HABC Level 2 Food Safety in Catering
Desirable qualities/skills required:
- Swimming ability and appropriate level of fitness required to maintain the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Available to work on an early, late shift rota system that includes evenings and weekends
- An ability to analyse problems, situations and information, think laterally and take decisive action.
- Good communication skills
- Time management and ability to prioritise tasks.
We would expect to employ post framework apprentices as aquatics assistants with the scope to progress to supervisors, depending on our staffing requirements at the time.
If you have completed a degree then unfortunately you will not be eligible for funding for an apprenticeship.