Segment Analyst / Manager
Segment Analyst/Manager - Hastings Direct
· Do you have a passion for data analytics and how they can drive commercial decision?
· Do you thrive in an environment where you can be a true specialist in your area - providing consultative advise to colleagues?
· Do you enjoy a role that constantly challenges your ability to learn and develop new skills?
This is a great opportunity for a highly numerate and analytical Segment Analyst to join our Underwriting team.
This is an analytical role at the heart of our commercial decision - helping to maximise profitability and maintain market share. Other duties include:
· Develop a segment strategy that identifies risks and opportunities and sets out a plan to deliver segment performance
· Carefully monitor performance to ensure a steady and successful flightpath for your segment
· Collaborate with colleagues across the business to ensure changes are quickly implemented to maximise profitability.
Skills and experience
· You'll be naturally analytical with an affinity for data and large datasets (modelling experience/statistical package knowledge preferred)
· Highly numerate and confident learning new software and techniques
· Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of stakeholders.
What will you get in return?
You'll receive a competitive starting base salary, an end of year bonus potential alongside a great company pension scheme and numerous other benefits.
Hastings Direct, a FTSE 250 listed entity, is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK, employing over 3,000 colleagues