Duty Manager - Large Cleaning Contract
25K - 26K
Temp to Perm after 3 months successful probation period
Our client based at Gatwick Airport is looking for a Duty Manager, this is a long term role with the potential to go permanent for the right person. The role is 4on 4off shift pattern, days 0600-1800 hours and nights 1800-0600 hours and they are looking for someone to start immediately.
- Leading the Operational function within the relevant portfolio through a local team as well as the business units centralised business support functions.
- Continuously reviewing the appropriateness of contract structures with a view to driving value for money, efficiency & effectiveness.
- Owning the P&L and driving budgeted performance levels through the rigorous application of best practice in such areas as price reviews, cost control, avoiding the use of agency labour and third parties generally, maximising extra cover and ad hoc work, as well as contribution overall and demonstrate full knowledge, ownership and an understanding of accounts through periodic account reviews.
- Personal responsibility for ensuring compliance and satisfying all audit requirements
- Ensure operational resources are sufficient to meet the expectations of customers
- To ensure effective management of staff and ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures in relation to recruitment, absence management disciplinary procedures etc.
Experience and skills:
- A proven track record based on a minimum of 3 years managerial experience, dealing with large contracts.
- Must be articulate and numerate with good communication/presentation skills with a working
knowledge of computer and accounting systems
- Must be self-motivated and energetic.
- Previous experience of working in a transport environment is desirable.
- Have the ability to motivate a management team with the ability to challenge perceptions where necessary.
As with any airport role you'll require an airside pass. For this you'll need to provide a five year checkable work history and have a clean criminal record.
Apply today and we'll be in touch to progress your application.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age