Music Technician - Temporary -One Year
Our school is ‘Good’ (Ofsted 2018), being one of the most popular schools in Brighton and Hove, consistently over-subscribed.
An enthusiastic Music Technician is required to provide administrative and technical support to a busy and vibrant music department at this popular and successful 11-16 mixed comprehensive school in the Preston Park area of Brighton. .
- To assist with equipment preparation for lessons
- To update and maintain the inventory and condition of Music department equipment
- To repair and maintain the equipment of the Music department
- To organise external maintenance of equipment: i.e. re-skinning African drums/ samba equipment, piano tuning etc
- To advise Head of Department on equipment that needs replacing.
- To assist in whole school events (Carol Service, School Play, Spring Concert, Open Evening, Prize Evening etc) by setting up the sound and staging preparations
- Manage the Music office and all the resources – including stationary equipment.
- To assist, where necessary, with administrative duties – including support to department colleagues.
- To maintain displays boards in the Music department
- To assist the Head of Department in off campus school-related activities – including Samba Parade, Cross- campus arts programme etc.
- Where necessary to support teachers in lessons with technical problems
- To manage and maintain the computer suite – including audio interfaces, headphones and sound problems
- To assist in keeping the department tidy and put equipment back.