Temporary Payroll Officer
Temporary Payroll Officer
£13 - £14ph
My client is looking for a Temporary Payroll Officer to join their beautiful and friendly offices on the outskirts of Lewes. In this role you will be accountable for providing accurate, timely and efficient payroll services to employees.
This position is to start on the 4th of June, the role could be made permanent for the right candidate. Previous Payroll experience is essential and parking is also available.
* Process end to end client payroll in a busy team
* Provide 1st line support for payroll queries
* Process Tax Code changes
* Manual calculations
* Process timesheets
* Run payroll from start to finish
* Liaise with appropriate staff and HR in cases where payroll input is incorrect
* Cross check other team members' payroll
* Accurate input into the HR/Payroll system to ensure that appropriate employee starter / transfer / variation / leaver details, gross payments, PAYE income tax, National Insurance, pensions and other deductions are correctly set up and calculated in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements
* Calculate final payments as notified by HR, recover any loan balances etc. and send payslips/P45s by the contractual pay date following the employees' last day of service
* Check redundancy estimates and process payments when appropriate authorisations are received
* Preparation and submission of annual returns for pension schemes
* Assist in writing and updating payroll procedures for consistencies, best practice and quality standard
* Scan and file payroll documents electronically in appropriate folders for access by team members for pay and audit enquiries
You must have:
* Payroll Officer experience
* Highly organised
* Have the ability to work towards tight deadlines
* Ability to use Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Detailed understanding of PAYE, Tax and N.I. regulations in relation to payroll administration to ensure that the statutory responsibilities in this area are met
For more information, please contact Emily at Pier on 01273 947814 or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.
Apply for Temporary Payroll Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly