Business Operations Administrator
Business Operations Administrator
Itad is a leading consultancy providing expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Our work covers a wide range of sectors including natural resources, water management, HIV/AIDS, governance, aid effectiveness and social development. We have a proven track record in delivering Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and undertake institutional and programme evaluations as well as designing M&E systems for development institutions and government departments. We are driven by our company values, which guide the way we work and the types of projects that we take on.
We would like an experienced office administrator to join our busy Business Operations Team. Working closely with the team, this role will vary from day to day and will require careful time management and organisational skills. The key responsibility of the role is to ensure that our office is setup for daily use and running efficiently, additionally this role will support and take on other discrete tasks as required by the business. For example this might be supporting our Knowledge Hub by keeping our website up to date and sending out weekly internal newsletters another example might be in supporting our Business Development team to prepare bid documentation.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in a wide range of business areas and is happy to take on the challenge of managing a wide range of tasks! The Operations team work in a very collegiate way to ensure we can all manage our weekly workload and will backstop and support each other when able.
The working pattern for this role will be required alternate between 8am – 4pm, 9am – 5pm and 10am – 6pm.
Office administration responsibilities:
Itad aims to provide an attractive and efficient working environment for staff and visitors, this role is key to ensuring that we maintain this:
- Supporting the Executive Assistant in the organisation and setup of company events such as Learning & Development sessions, knowledge sharing events and companywide meetings
- Supporting the Executive Assistant in scheduling leadership team meetings and taking minutes when required
- Ensuring meeting rooms are setup daily including organising refreshments, lunch and any AV support needed
- Pro-active management of office and kitchen supplies
- Ensuring the office daily check list for set up and close down is fully implemented.
- Co-ordinating reception including dealing with general enquiries, correspondence, visitors and the car park allocations
- Liaise with office suppliers and contractors as required, co-ordinate relevant related expenditure
- Lead on arrangements of company social events
- Backstop the travel team when required by making flight, hotel & taxi bookings with the support of our travel agent
Assistance to the Communication & Engagement Manager:
- Coordinating our weekly internal newsletter
- Co-ordination and communication for internal knowledge sharing events
- Editing draft content for Itad’s website ensuring accessibility and brand adherence
- Providing support in use of Itad templates and formatting
- Providing design support (using online platforms and InDesign where necessary)
This role will also be required to provide support to other areas of the business such as Business Development, Finance and our Project Management Unit.
Key skills required:
- Proven experience of Management support to Board level including diary management, taking minutes and co-ordinating documentation to support meetings
- Ability to work well under pressure, to prioritise, and work on own initiative
- Proven organisational skills and attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel including written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal, formal and informal
- Ability to use calendar scheduling tools and managing complicated schedules
The ideal candidate will already be working as an administrator, ideally in a similar sized company.