Revenue Manager – Hilton London Gatwick Airport
- Proactively reviews and implements accommodation and meeting room rate and volume controls on a weekly and monthly basis and oversees the daily inventory control.
- Observes rate parity agreements with 3rd party distribution sites
- Works with Front Desk teams to ensure strategies are in place to maximise room occupancy outside revenue office operating hours.
- Full exploitation of the OnQ PM and R&I property management system
Sales & Pricing Strategy
- Chairs Daily Detail meetings where pickup, pricing controls and strategy are agreed for defined periods.
- Chairs weekly Business Focus Meetings and monthly Commercial Focus Meetings where pricing and availability controls are agreed for defined periods.
- Develops short, medium and long-term strategies and reviews strategy effectiveness considering budget, business needs and market conditions.
- Agrees and regularly reviews all pricing and demand calendars for both M&E and rooms with the Director of Business Development.
- Agrees and regularly reviews transient and group pricing and demand calendars with the Director of Business Development.
- Regular reviews of PMS as well as Yield Management System to ensure that all revenue maximisation opportunities are being realised.
- Liaises with 3rd party market managers to ensure that desired market shares are being realised
- Reviews client production monthly and agrees appropriate actions with Sales Director, DBD, Hotel GM, & Arora Group Commercial team.
Information Analysis and Monitoring
- Produce daily pick up reports and once produced, these reports are analysed and any necessary actions taken.
- Produces and reviews month end revenue reports and provides critical analysis on performance versus forecast and results of implemented strategies.
- Reviews GDS share reports and booking pace reports and applies strategy changes when needed
- Conducts displacement analysis of group business as needed to determine the impact potential business will have on Revpar.
- Generally analyses all past and present trends and applies necessary changes for future strategies
- Use knowledge of local hotel market to produce and maintain hotel rooms forecast. If available use prescribed tools
- Prepares in conjunction with the GM / DBD and Sales Director the budget / revenue plans
- Works towards maintain a forecasting accuracy of +/- 3% of plan revenue figures.
Competitive and Demand Analysis
- Reviews all competitive shops daily and identifies trends and revenue maximisation opportunities.
- Regularly reviews demand calendars and maintains historical data on events and promotional periods
- Identifies demand troughs and peaks and adjusts strategies accordingly
Driving Commercial Performance
- Works effectively with Commercial Team members, Hotel GM, DBD GC&E Team, Director of Sales, Head of Sales and Group Commercial team to ensure incremental financial performance (EBITDAR, REVPar)
- Ensures growth in performance of KPIs such as Room Type Supplements, Peak Nights, Forecast accuracy
- Ensure that the focus remains on commercial objectives set as part of the business plan
- Drive Hotel Fair Market Share performance, moving hotels into the “Gaining” quadrants.
- Ensure that cost of sales of the various distribution channels are always kept in track to ensure profitability levels.
What we are looking for
- Team Working
- Drive and Resilience
- Apprenticeship, Graduate trainee or degree
- Practical experience working in a hotel revenue environment
- At least 2-3 years experience leading an individual hotel revenue team
- Experience with Hotel PMS
- Major brand experience in revenue management is ideal but not necessary
- Has managed reservations, revenue or GCE teams