Nursing Auxiliary - Hospice at Home
Salary: £16,190 to £17,021 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Thursday, 28th June 2018
Interview Date: TBC
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our fantastic Hospice at Home Team. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Nursing Auxiliary who is passionate about delivering a high level of care to our patients in the local community.
Main duties will include:
- To support patients and their families whose preferred place of care is home, including patients discharged home from hospital or hospice inpatient unit.
- To carry out specific practical care such as washing, care of skin and pressure areas.
- To observe for changes in patients' condition and report back to registered nurse. This includes monitoring symptoms, mobility issues, and bladder and bowel function.
- As necessary, to assist staff nurses on joint visits in delivering a high standard of care and symptom management to patients.
- To keep accurate and relevant records.
- To respect and value the opinions, beliefs and individuality of patients, their families and friends
- To demonstrate good communication skills essential to a well-functioning multidisciplinary team.
Key Skills required:
- NVQ 1 and/or 2 is desirable
- Sound numeric and literacy skills
- Excellent communications skills both written and spoken
- Understanding of personal accountability and patient confidentiality
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a diverse range of people
- Experience of working within a hospice environment/health charity is desirable
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle
How to apply:
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references, DBS check and clearance from our occupational health providers.