A great opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to join the team of one of the south-east's leading civils companies who complete projects by conception through to construction and then to project delivery. They have been around for over 80 years and operate within the Marine, Infrastructure & Energy sectors; with a strong commitment to investing in their employees leading to them receiving the prestigious 'Investors in People' accreditation, as well as various construction awards for the innovative and technical projects they complete.
As a focal point of the Estimating team you will be tasked with assisting and producing priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines. Duties also include maintaining good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the Contract team. The desired outcome being that the Company will achieve sufficient new work to enable continued growth in accordance with the Business Plan. Their values of quality, professionalism and fairness must always be kept at the forefront of your mind as you contribute to building a successful business.
Duties & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Arrange site inspections
* Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
* Provide a detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ)
* Work on traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build of Partnered Contracts
* Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
* Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
* Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
* Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
* Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting
* Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
* Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
* Degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent.
* Previous estimating experience of at least 2/3 years.
* Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills; well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
* Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
* Good organisation skills and attention to detail
* Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information
* Confident and resourceful
* Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
* Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
* Personal commitment to equality and diversity
* Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking-off) and H&S.
* Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing - Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.