Concierge / Hall Porter, Guildford
CONCIERGE / HALL PORTER
Barnett Hill Hotel is the newest member of the Alexander Hotels family joining the Group in September 2016.
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
Exciting refurbishment and redevelopment plans currently underway are transforming this venue into a beautiful Country House Hotel. The Hotel including all bedrooms have been completely refurbished and updated with work recently completed on the Mews building to increase the number of bedrooms to 54 in total. Our first AA inspection has resulted in 4 Stars for the Hotel and 2 Rosettes for dining being awarded, so we are well on the way!
Please see our website for a full list of facilities.
Join our Front of House team under the direction of our Reception Manager.
A smart, friendly, immaculate individual is sort to welcome all arriving and departing guests at the main Hotel/Spa entrance. You will often be the first and last person a guest sees – making you an important part of their memory of Barnett Hill Hotel. You must be someone bright, extremely well presented with a friendly, confident yet relaxed manner when dealing with the public. You will often be seen as the point of contact for all enquiries for arriving and resident guests. You must have a five-star smile! and a warm and welcoming personality. You are key to our guests experience throughout their stay.
From the time a guest enters the hotel to the time they leave you will be an important part of the guest experience. Your actions will determine the guest satisfaction levels and the extent to which they get the most out of their stay. You will liaise with other departments and the Duty Managers to ensure guest requests get satisfied. Your main duties include;
- 5 days per week covering a variety of shifts between the hours of 7am and 10pm including shifts over the busy weekend periods.
- Welcoming guests on arrival to the Hotel
- Introducing arriving guests to the hotel receptionist using their name
- Assist arriving and departing guests with their luggage
- Showing arriving guests around the hotel before showing them to their rooms
- Showing guests to Hotel Reception or the Restaurants/Lounge/Function rooms for non-resident guests or those attending functions/conferences
- Answering guest queries
- Giving out information on the hotel facilities and local attractions/places of interest helping guests to get the most out of their stay
- Making arrangements following guest requests; taxis, train times, car rentals, theatre tickets
- Each shift check arrivals for returning guests and VIP guests making sure returning guests and those celebrating special events are recognised and acknowledged
- Assisting Hotel Receptionist with reception duties
- Excellent standard of personal appearance
- A presence as a host on the main entrance
- Excellent verbal communication – confident yet relaxed and friendly
- Bright, warm and friendly disposition
- Genuine desire to serve our guests whether hear for business, pleasure or a special occasion
- Ability to work shifts and weekend days outlined
- Own transport to allow for shift work
- £16,500 for a 40 hr week
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for Concierge / Hall Porter, Guildford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly