Snailspace Sales Advisor
Following on from the amazing popularity and success of our Snowdogs by the Sea, this Autumn 50 giant and 50 junior Snail Sculptures will slide onto the streets of Brighton and Hove to create the city's biggest visitor attraction of the year.
Where: Churchill Square Shopping Centre
When: Saturday 15th September - Sunday 2nd December. 10am - 2pm & 2pm - 6pm Monday to Saturday. 11am- 2pm and 2pm-5pm on Sunday.
Either a three, four or six-hour shift, ideally once a week for 2 months but we can be flexible around your availability.
What you’ll be doing:
Your role will be to assist customers with their purchases, answer their questions, tell them more about the Snailway and the connection to Martlets and also handle cash and a PDQ card machine. You will also help move stock and set up the display stand each day or remove it at the end of the day. Please note this is a standing up role as the pop up unit is a free standing concession stand.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent retail experience, including customer service, stock handling and cash handling
- Being part of a friendly team presenting the face of Martlets
- Experience working with the public
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid
Your skills and abilities:
- Outgoing and friendly manner - excellent people skills
- Confidence to handle cash and payment cards and to give change (full training will be given)
- Retail experience is always welcomed but not essential (full training will be given)
- Able to cope in a busy sales environment, managing queues and multi-tasking
- Able to make decisions and work unsupervised at times with a flexible approach to tackling changing demands of the role
- Punctual and reliable
- The role will include lifting and carrying stock so will require a good level of general fitness, including standing for long periods of time as we have no seating at the concession stand.
To find out more about this opportunity and apply visit our website: https://www.themartlets.org.uk/snailspace-sales-advisor