Senior Quantity Surveyor
A well-established civil engineering contractor that engage in Marine, RC Frame, Infrastructure, Coastal & Highway projects up to £12M across the Sussex, Surrey and Kent areas. As part of their new strategic plan they require a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager who will be supporting and reporting directly to the MD; being an integral part of the commercial aspects of the business and being involved in the strategic decision making for the business, driving them forward and to profitability. Overall, your proven experience will have given you added value experience which may also include; bid preparation experience; claims resolution experience; project delivery; client relationship building; negotiation and presentation skills, risk mitigation within bid formulation and general technical construction expertise.
You must posses the following skills/attributes:
- Leader that has the drive and energy to lead a commercial team
- Proven success in a previous role is a must
- Manage surveying and procurement
- Relevant industry qualifications
- Solid training and stable career track record with civils contractors
- Experienced at running contracts from start to finish up to and including final account
- Engagement and vetting of suitable subcontractors
- Recovery of all financial entitlements on both new and legacy contracts
- Assist with preparing cost plans and tenders
- Ensure monthly CVR reports are accurate and prepared on time
- Support estimating and production teams to jointly achieve commercial success
- A team player, prepared to be hands-on as well as managing a team and assisting with the development/mentoring of more junior staff
- Some notable career achievements showing increasing levels of responsibility along the way
- Must be a good long term fit for the business and the management team with long term career aspirations
- A range of high profile projects and blue chip clients to work with
- Experience of refurbishment and new build
You will need to be able to demonstrate a successful track record of projects completed to date, with a good level of experience and broad knowledge combined with management skills and the ability to manage risk whilst generating profits. This role is suitable for someone who has experience as a Commercial Manager for a civils contractor, or is an aspiring Senior/Managing Quantity Surveyor that possesses the drive and ambition to be the focal point of an already successful business.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.