Rottingdean is a small Parish with nine councillors who currently meet on the first Monday of every month, with the exception of May when it is the 2nd Monday.
We are looking for someone with excellent admin and communication skills, computer literate, an understanding and respect for the responsibilities of a Parish Council, and experience of budget control and monitoring, to fill the role of Parish Clerk.
Ideally applicants will hold the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CilCA) or be working towards this qualification.
The range of Parish Clerk duties include:
- Organising and attending evening council meetings
- Drafting and circulating the agenda
- Taking and producing minutes of meetings
- Monitoring and (when required) completing the identified actions and decisions of the Council,
- Dealing with all correspondence, including emails received.
Financial responsibilities include
- Preparing and producing monthly cash book and bank reconciliation statements
- Paying invoices in a timely manner (either via internet banking or cheque as required)
- Advising Councillors on annual budget preparation
- Producing all relevant financial documentation required for annual internal audit
- Preparing required documentation for annual external audit
- Ensuring all transactions are completed in accordance with the Parish Council’s Financial Regulations.
The post is part time averaging between 13 – 15 hours per week, mostly working from home, including attendance at evening meetings.
A full Job Description can be found on the Rottingdean Parish Council website at www.rottingdean-pc.gov.uk accessed from the Noticeboard section.
The starting salary will be in the range £10 - £12.50 dependent on suitable qualifications, relevant knowledge and experience.
The current Clerk is to leave the post by the 31 December 2018 and it is envisaged it would be advantageous to have a 2 – 3 month handover so a start date of 1 October 2018 would be ideal.
Apply for Parish Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly